Who's That Girl

My photo
WHO'S THAT GIRL: A higher education obsessed foodie who is documenting her life in the kitchen. I love to cook delicious, gourmet-style foods for those I love and always welcome a challenge in the kitchen. With that challenge comes an impromptu nature. I tend to avoid following recipes to the exact, so you are not likely to find very many posted here. Being that I am a Libra and am learning to be free in the kitchen, the story always goes, "A pinch of this and a smattering of that!" Thank you for visiting -- and happy reading!

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Lamb, Mustard, Potatoes? Oh, Yeah!

We had a friend over for dinner -- yea to entertaining!!! Nothing like being able to test out my culinary skills and creations with other folks around.

We went for a rack of lamb, salad and red potatoes.

For the lamb, I created a rub using cinnamon, cumin, brown sugar, salt and olive oil. I let this sit for about a half hour.

I grilled the lamb rack on medium heat for about 10 minutes total, flipping twice because the first flip came too early. I'm still working my skills on the grill -- even after years of practice.

Then, I prepped the salad -- mozzarella balls, peppers, olive oil, tomatoes...similar to the same thing I tend to do with salads.

For the red potatoes, I boiled them until they were soft, but still held their shape.

I them let them cool before mixing them d mustard with the mustard seeds, fresh dill, salt and papper and some olive oil.

Sorry -- I never measure so I don't know how much of what went in.

When the potatoes were slightly cool and bit, I tossed them in with mustard dill mixture.

I then tossed the salad, and there you have it! A nice, round, easy to make meal. Took less than one hour to put together.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! The color of the finished chops looks just right. Coincidentally, I will be recreating an old favorite Chinese lamb and scallions tonight. But I'd sure like one of your chops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Stephen! Oooh! I'll have to keep an eye out for how your dish turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am saying a loud Oh Yeah to that meal too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! The lamb chops look great. I never really cook with lamb before. I guess it has an interesting flavors. This is something I need to experiment with. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, lamb can be quite soft and succulent -- not to hearty of a game flavor. Nice, mild and tender when done right.

    ReplyDelete

High Traffic Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog