Who's That Girl

My photo
WHO'S THAT GIRL: A higher education obsessed foodie who is documenting her life in the kitchen. I love to cook delicious, gourmet-style foods for those I love and always welcome a challenge in the kitchen. With that challenge comes an impromptu nature. I tend to avoid following recipes to the exact, so you are not likely to find very many posted here. Being that I am a Libra and am learning to be free in the kitchen, the story always goes, "A pinch of this and a smattering of that!" Thank you for visiting -- and happy reading!

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Dear Kitchen:

Ah...the days of endless hours in the kitchen. I cannot stop thinking about those days.

School has been terribly busy.

I find that instead of pouring over my cookbooks -- my study time -- and trying to think up new recipes I spent the majority of my free time now thinking about funding structures, state and federal policy financial aid systems, student choice, issues related to access and equity, international competitiveness and a few research projects I am working on, hoping to develop them into papers and presentations. Well...that's not to say I didn't think about these things before. But I've had to ramp it up quite a bit.

My poor, neglected kitchen.

I am feeling a bit nostalgic for it. But, as I mentioned to Nancy a couple of days ago: “I chose this life.”
And I do love the life of being a student and a lifelong learner.

Never doubt that.

The life of being mentally stimulated and challenged in my thoughts and beliefs, particularly about education, which is another passion of mind.

I do not ever dread my schoolwork. Like, literally, never. It drives me and motivates me and encourages me to be better at what I do and to be more sound in my convictions.

I just so miss cooking more often.

But, really -- it's such a small sacrifice.

And, honestly, it is not like I do not cook. I still do, so it is a blessing.

So bare with me if it seems that I am posting less. It is not because I am lazily wasting the days away without any motivation for cooking at all. It’s just that I am trying to find the balance between my passions in life.

2 comments:

  1. We, your followers, will be here for you when you find more time to put together your interesting concoctions. Knowledge is a wonderful thing - but so is a good omelet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the feeling. I'm finishing up my Ed.D. this academic year, plus I have a full-time job. As much as I love to cook, sometimes I need to write and make phone calls... you know, "work".

    ReplyDelete

High Traffic Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog