Who's That Girl

My photo
WHO'S THAT GIRL: A higher education obsessed foodie who is documenting her life in the kitchen. I love to cook delicious, gourmet-style foods for those I love and always welcome a challenge in the kitchen. With that challenge comes an impromptu nature. I tend to avoid following recipes to the exact, so you are not likely to find very many posted here. Being that I am a Libra and am learning to be free in the kitchen, the story always goes, "A pinch of this and a smattering of that!" Thank you for visiting -- and happy reading!

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Buttermilk White Sauce With Pasta

UPDATE, Sept. 2, 2011: This is my most popular post to date. Please leave a comment about why you chose to drop in. 

Call it part of the simplicity series.

After a long day at work, then a volunteer orientation, I was exhausted. Literally, my eyelids were burning.

So I pulled together most of what I had in the fridge for this simple and tasty pasta dish.

It was a return to buttermilk.

All told, I used: Onions, red bell pepper, clams, broccoli, buttermilk, butter, salt, pepper, olive oil, noodles and a tablespoon of flour. 

I merely sautéed the onions and peppers while slowly cooking the clams in the buttermilk with a bit of flour. I cooked the noodles alone. I tossed the broccoli in with the rest of the veggies a few minutes before adding some butter and the white sauce to the mix.

Served over the noodles, this was a nice, light, delicious meal. And I got to use the buttermilk from this week’s challenge all over again.

Life is good.

5 comments:

  1. Just went to see this. Seems that, at the time, you had the same problem I had for the better part of a year. Either no one was reading the blog, or they weren't commenting. We're all doing better now by having been persistent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, just wanted to let you know how I found your post. I have extra buttermilk and was looking for a recipe to use it in and a link to this post was on the first page of results.

    I'm thinking it's the buttermilk that drives so much traffic, I have no idea what to do with the rest of mine!

    Great-looking blog, btw. And I love the name!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Put me down in the looking for ways to use up buttermilk camp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yep, your blog post is at the top of google results for "buttermilk pasta sauce". good on you! :)

    ReplyDelete

High Traffic Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog