Who's That Girl

My photo
WHO'S THAT GIRL: A higher education obsessed foodie who is documenting her life in the kitchen. I love to cook delicious, gourmet-style foods for those I love and always welcome a challenge in the kitchen. With that challenge comes an impromptu nature. I tend to avoid following recipes to the exact, so you are not likely to find very many posted here. Being that I am a Libra and am learning to be free in the kitchen, the story always goes, "A pinch of this and a smattering of that!" Thank you for visiting -- and happy reading!

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Birthday Wishes

My birthday was Saturday and, my goodness -- I realize now that Nancy knows me so very well!

Yes -- I have been slightly obsessed with Julia Child for a bit.

Sure, I would love to be able to afford even a 2.5 quart Le Creuset dutch oven or enamel cast iron pot. I have long wanted one in a deep orange or red (Red: Having picked up an affinity for the color in the memory of my late brother, Dontia, whose favorite color was red. Sept. 23, 2010 was the five-year anniversary of his death, so he has been very heavy on my mind.).

And, my goodness, am I so jealous of chefs who can afford Japanese chef knives.

Then something like this happens.

When I woke on my birthday, Nancy had a lovely display already prepared at the kitchen table (how apropos). One gift in particular drew my eye. I tried not to be too enthusiastic! All the while, I could not help but to hear, like, every single song Enya has produced. Or something wildly excited like this.

No, I'm not the materialistic type, but that Nancy would buy me this amazing cast iron dutch oven -- my goodness!

And perfect timing given that fall has officially begun!

It is now time for soups, stews, casserole dishes and the like.

And I now have both a durable and handsome oven to produce some amazing creations.

What a blessing; what a darling.

Thank you, my dearest Nancy. And get your palate ready!

4 comments:

  1. So sweet of her! I need one of these too! Happy belated birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to hear about happy couples. Enjoy the toy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great, have fun with it! I have an enamel cast iron dutch oven, and I think it's my favorite kitchen piece :)

    ReplyDelete

High Traffic Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog