Who's That Girl

My photo
WHO'S THAT GIRL: A higher education obsessed foodie who is documenting her life in the kitchen. I love to cook delicious, gourmet-style foods for those I love and always welcome a challenge in the kitchen. With that challenge comes an impromptu nature. I tend to avoid following recipes to the exact, so you are not likely to find very many posted here. Being that I am a Libra and am learning to be free in the kitchen, the story always goes, "A pinch of this and a smattering of that!" Thank you for visiting -- and happy reading!

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Quick Home Eats

I have been exhausted lately, so trying to keep it simple.

I cannot remember the last time I made tacos. And I don’t know where the interest in making them this week came from. They turned out well – ground beef from 17th Street Market with corn, avocado, tomatoes, onion, red bell peppers and cilantro made the dish. And I don’t care much for lard-laden tortillas, so found a healthy version, also from 17th Street Market.

It took about a half hour to put this meal together, which meant Nancy and I had more time to sit casually and talk. Nice treat! And a nice vacation from the kitchen – though I love it, it usually takes a good two hours to prepare a meal.

...and Nancy took this photo:

7 comments:

  1. I love the ease of your recipes, that everything is no transformed to oz, lb....the picture says it all...It's like I'm siting at that table...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. And, yeah. I'm not a huge fan of measuring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made tacos this week, too! I love homemmade flour tortillas (made with Crisco or vegetable oil, not lard) and I just learned to make them this weekend. It changed my culinary life :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't made tacos in so long, but when I do it's usually shredded chicken with verde sauce. Yours look so elegant and tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM! I've been craving tacos. I think I might make some black bean chipotle tacos tomorrow in your honor. :) Thanks for sharing, and get some rest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tacos, tacos, tacos. What a coincidence - I'm making them tonight (with fried fish).

    ReplyDelete
  7. How strange! I cannot believe how popular tacos are right now.

    ReplyDelete

High Traffic Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog