Who's That Girl

My photo
WHO'S THAT GIRL: A higher education obsessed foodie who is documenting her life in the kitchen. I love to cook delicious, gourmet-style foods for those I love and always welcome a challenge in the kitchen. With that challenge comes an impromptu nature. I tend to avoid following recipes to the exact, so you are not likely to find very many posted here. Being that I am a Libra and am learning to be free in the kitchen, the story always goes, "A pinch of this and a smattering of that!" Thank you for visiting -- and happy reading!

Sunday, August 29, 2010

A Massive, Delicious Cap Full

Goodness, gracious! I couldn't believe the size and sheer perfection of the portobello mushrooms at the grocery store today! Granted, the thought did come to mind, "Could these have been modified...."

I decided to go for it.

I can't recall the last time I made portobello mushroom caps. I actually cannot recall ever a moment that I have made them for me and Nancy -- so a couple of years at least.

Such a simple recipe:

I patted the cap with some olive oil and salt, then put them on the grill for about six minutes -- four minutes with the smooth side down and the rest of the time with the grill size down.

Then, I sauteed some marinated artichoke hearts in a skillet on the stove top.

When the artichokes were nearly done, I added about a tablespoon of panko.

I had already chopped marinated mozzarella balls, peppadew peppers and Kalamata olives. After removing the skillet from the heat, I tossed this mixture in and stirred it quickly before placing the melted mixture of yummy-ness onto the mushroom cap.

Not bad (and Nancy took the photos tonight):

2 comments:

  1. Peppadews - I adore them. Have you ever noticed that some TV chefs scrape out the gills from the portobellos? I've always thought that was a waste. Nice recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,


    We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
    We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

    We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
    enjoy your recipes.

    Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
    and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

    To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

    Best regards,

    Vincent
    petitchef.com

    ReplyDelete

High Traffic Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog