Who's That Girl

My photo
WHO'S THAT GIRL: A higher education obsessed foodie who is documenting her life in the kitchen. I love to cook delicious, gourmet-style foods for those I love and always welcome a challenge in the kitchen. With that challenge comes an impromptu nature. I tend to avoid following recipes to the exact, so you are not likely to find very many posted here. Being that I am a Libra and am learning to be free in the kitchen, the story always goes, "A pinch of this and a smattering of that!" Thank you for visiting -- and happy reading!

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Fancy Lamb and Couscous

Goodness – halfway through the week and not a clue yet to do with this week’s secret ingredient. Tomatoes. Hum…


Ah, well. It didn’t happen last night.

Instead, Nancy and I had lovely, grilled lamb! Dressed with a bit of brown sugar, cinnamon, cumin, steak seasoning (don’t laugh. It worked out somehow) and a garlic and herb mixture with some olive oil. I let this sit for about a half hour before placing the lamb on the grill.

Meanwhile, I prepared what turned out to be – hands down! – my best couscous to date. I grilled some onions with onion salt (tee hee) and then tossed in some chopped yellow peppers. Before adding the water and seasonings, I added some Baby Bella mushrooms. I wanted to add portabellas but, alas, they were hiding from me behind a couple of jars in the fridge. With the water, I added a bit of cinnamon.

And I had to redo the salad from the other night – this time adding daikon and cucumber.

This was, without a doubt, one of the most flavorful dishes I have ever made!

2 comments:

  1. Colorado lamb is renowned in our part of the US. And yet my Safeway doesn't carry lamb at all, and Colo lamb is hard to find. Funny. Yours looks scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer! It's hard also to find sustainable, naturally raised and humanely treated lamb here. We get lucky time to time.

    ReplyDelete

High Traffic Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog