Who's That Girl

My photo
WHO'S THAT GIRL: A higher education obsessed foodie who is documenting her life in the kitchen. I love to cook delicious, gourmet-style foods for those I love and always welcome a challenge in the kitchen. With that challenge comes an impromptu nature. I tend to avoid following recipes to the exact, so you are not likely to find very many posted here. Being that I am a Libra and am learning to be free in the kitchen, the story always goes, "A pinch of this and a smattering of that!" Thank you for visiting -- and happy reading!

Friday, July 23, 2010

My Secret Rendezvous: Late Night Eggs

Call it an obsession.

Call it a dietary deficiency.

Some nights I cannot help but to sneak into the fridge and pluck one or two eggs from their carton cases. I love the way those oval shells feel in my hands -- smooth, tender, soft.

Hard-boiled eggs are wonderful for a midnight snack. Alone or with a pinch of salt and pepper. Or with a bit of feta cheese. Or sprinkled with a sampling of Parmesan.

Always in a bowl. Always with a fork on hand. Always munching slowly and deliberately.

It is a guilty pleasure of mine. An obsession? Perhaps.

7 comments:

  1. Now I know where all the eggs are going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Late night: just before bed last night I took 2 turkey hotdogs out of the freezer and nuked them for 1 minute. They were great dipped in some soy sauce. Peter doesn't know ... shhh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photo would make anyone want eggs in the middle of the night. Make mine poached, please. I hope the day treats you well. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh! Turkey hotdogs and soy sauce? Interesting combination. And don't worry -- I won't mention it to Peter. *wink, wink*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mary. Intimidation factor with the poached eggs! Dare I try? Some day...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thought I'd reply to your question about the cookware here, in case you might not otherwise see my answer. It's EmerilWare, a set of which we bought nearly 10 years ago when we arrived in Denver. Feel free to email me questions here: scrout1944@msn.com

    ReplyDelete

High Traffic Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog