Who's That Girl

My photo
WHO'S THAT GIRL: A higher education obsessed foodie who is documenting her life in the kitchen. I love to cook delicious, gourmet-style foods for those I love and always welcome a challenge in the kitchen. With that challenge comes an impromptu nature. I tend to avoid following recipes to the exact, so you are not likely to find very many posted here. Being that I am a Libra and am learning to be free in the kitchen, the story always goes, "A pinch of this and a smattering of that!" Thank you for visiting -- and happy reading!

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

My Kitchen Companion

Meet Alex.

Alex is Nancy's Golden Retriever, and my faithful kitchen companion. The running joke in the house is that Alex is so taken my by cooking -- the fragrant and spicy nature of the foods I tend to cook -- that she enjoys living in the kitchen during the evening hours. 

True as word, whenever I began to remove the pots, pans, cutting boards and ingredients for the evening's meal, Alex finds her way into the kitchen, inevitably plopping down nearby so that she can watch my every move.

She is never a bother. In fact, most times she is so coy, as if to say, "Goodness...I hope you don't mind me sitting here." Perhaps she is taking notes -- my undercover apprentice. Or maybe always keeping watch for the tiniest grain or granule of food to escape my wooden spoon. Strangely, the kitchen floor tends to remain fairly clean no matter how complex the meal I am cooking.

Hum...

No comments:

Post a Comment

High Traffic Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog