Who's That Girl

My photo
WHO'S THAT GIRL: A higher education obsessed foodie who is documenting her life in the kitchen. I love to cook delicious, gourmet-style foods for those I love and always welcome a challenge in the kitchen. With that challenge comes an impromptu nature. I tend to avoid following recipes to the exact, so you are not likely to find very many posted here. Being that I am a Libra and am learning to be free in the kitchen, the story always goes, "A pinch of this and a smattering of that!" Thank you for visiting -- and happy reading!

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Midnight Nibble

A bag of chips simply won't do.

Craving a midnight snack, I scoured the kitchen. Disappointed in not having cheese, an occasional craving of mine, I tried to figure out what I could toss together at short notice.

I opted to make a pasta dish. 

We had some left over spinach and chive pasta from Trader Joe's and some actual chives.

Then, I used a bit of garlic, salt, pepper, olive oil and butter for the sauce.

So simple, yet so refreshing and palatable.

7 comments:

  1. I'm impressed that you're willing to cook for your midnight snacks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right on! Thanks for checking in. Honestly, I don't often have the patience for finger and fast foods.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This definitely is the midnight snack of all midnight snacks! It looks delicious! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am on search for cheese for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was amazing. And so simple. I couldn't believe the flavors! Took less than 10 minutes to put together too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't you find that if you try to re-create the midnight nibble for a meal, say for lunch or dinner, it never turns out the same way or even taste similar? Perhaps it is because the midnight nibble is hastily put together with what's at hand hence the unique, wonderful taste.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good point Cynthia. There must be some psychology behind that. I think, also, there is something naughty about having a midnight snack, which may make the flavors taste all the more full.

    ReplyDelete

High Traffic Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog