Who's That Girl

My photo
WHO'S THAT GIRL: A higher education obsessed foodie who is documenting her life in the kitchen. I love to cook delicious, gourmet-style foods for those I love and always welcome a challenge in the kitchen. With that challenge comes an impromptu nature. I tend to avoid following recipes to the exact, so you are not likely to find very many posted here. Being that I am a Libra and am learning to be free in the kitchen, the story always goes, "A pinch of this and a smattering of that!" Thank you for visiting -- and happy reading!

Monday, July 19, 2010

Kitchen Disaster, Redeemed

I haven't been this disappointed in the kitchen in quite a while. But, alas, we live and learn.

I had grand ideas for the kitchen. I wanted to make a mint-based sauce for the fresh lamb rack -- my first time preparing a lamb rack...though I did not french it myself. I will master that skill someday in the future. But, no, not today.

I was thoroughly disappointed in the sauce! It came out tasting quite tart and somewhat grainy. The processor did not mince the mint finely enough and I made the mistake of adding a bit of rosemary. I thought I could slowly heat the sauce on the stovetop to activate the flavors, but it didn't work. I tried to do this slowly but the yogurt began to curdle a bit. Ruined, I thought, but Nancy liked the flavor.

And while I was making the potatoes my pepper mill fell apart! This threw hundreds of tiny peppers all over the counter tops, stove, into the sink and into my potatoes! There is something in the universe, I think...or I am just having a clumsy day. Ah well, tomorrow is another day full of wondrous possibilities! And, really, the dinner wasn't so bad in the end (Photo courtesy of Nancy).

No comments:

Post a Comment

High Traffic Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog