Who's That Girl

My photo
WHO'S THAT GIRL: A higher education obsessed foodie who is documenting her life in the kitchen. I love to cook delicious, gourmet-style foods for those I love and always welcome a challenge in the kitchen. With that challenge comes an impromptu nature. I tend to avoid following recipes to the exact, so you are not likely to find very many posted here. Being that I am a Libra and am learning to be free in the kitchen, the story always goes, "A pinch of this and a smattering of that!" Thank you for visiting -- and happy reading!

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Dinner Deconstructed

I began dinner much later than expected. And I had made no prior decision about what to cook. So we all know what that means: Operation Indecision.

What to cook. I made a swift trip to the market to get fresh spinach and potatoes and decided I would have to make a meal around those two items. Time was short.

Luckily, I had some shrimp in the fridge left over from I don't know what I made at the end of last week.

I thought, "Hum...can I toss this together to make a lump sum meal?" Goa, at the end of the day, and provided that I have been slightly low energy lately, I couldn't expend too much brain power.

So, the result: a deconstructed dinner -- oven-baked potatoes with a range of seasoning, chive and butter-dunked shrimp and garlic-spinach.

A light, lovely dinner. And so very perfect for the season: The monsoon blossomed this evening.
 

5 comments:

  1. You made an excellent decision. Looks like a lovely summer meal. At our house we're over the moon about braised greens of all kinds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks perfect to me! I love a light summer dinner. We get rains in the late afternoons here in Florida in the summer! I can hear it the rumble of thunder in the distance right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with both of you! So true.

    And lucky you Lyndsey. It keeps threatening to rain today. But nothing here yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the colors together! Deconstructed dinners are sometimes the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Colors! Yes -- something to consider! I have a tendency to focus more on my textures. This is something I'll have to remember.

    ReplyDelete

High Traffic Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog