Who's That Girl

My photo
WHO'S THAT GIRL: A higher education obsessed foodie who is documenting her life in the kitchen. I love to cook delicious, gourmet-style foods for those I love and always welcome a challenge in the kitchen. With that challenge comes an impromptu nature. I tend to avoid following recipes to the exact, so you are not likely to find very many posted here. Being that I am a Libra and am learning to be free in the kitchen, the story always goes, "A pinch of this and a smattering of that!" Thank you for visiting -- and happy reading!

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Confessions of an Obsessed Cook

I am in one of those moods. Happens from time to time.

All I want to do this lovey Sunday morning and early afternoon is to study my cookbooks and recipes to figure out what I can attempt to make next.

Yes, I could do this for hours. For me, it is serious study time.

I've been very curious lately about cooking curries and using Indian spices and, always, presentation. The challenge for me today is in deciding whether I want to spend the day in the kitchen, or working on my research project (recall that I am a graduate student in an amazing higher education program).

I'll do both.

But, for now, my thoughts are trained. I cannot stop thinking about what I could be doing with a sheet of puff pastry. Or how I could shape a fish fillet, then bake it to retain the shape. Or how I can make a spice mixture for a rub, then gently sautee the compound until nicely toasted and ready to use as rub. Or what about poaching fruits. I hadn't done that in some time. Or making a semi-sweet, spicy sauce. And what about fennel? What could I do with fennel besides toss it in a salad. Or how about the lotus roots? And, my goodness, how long will they actually hold in the fridge? And another thing, how do people take long pasta and swirl it into such neat and tiny mounds?

Hum...that reminds me. What's for dinner?

2 comments:

  1. That is one of my favorite things to do. Curl up on the couch and look through cookbooks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Especially when a monsoon storm is brewing! Lovey to meet like-minded folk. Thank you Pam.

    ReplyDelete

High Traffic Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog