Who's That Girl

My photo
WHO'S THAT GIRL: A higher education obsessed foodie who is documenting her life in the kitchen. I love to cook delicious, gourmet-style foods for those I love and always welcome a challenge in the kitchen. With that challenge comes an impromptu nature. I tend to avoid following recipes to the exact, so you are not likely to find very many posted here. Being that I am a Libra and am learning to be free in the kitchen, the story always goes, "A pinch of this and a smattering of that!" Thank you for visiting -- and happy reading!

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Pricey Appetizer Made Simple

Nearly $5 for six crab rangoons? You can kiss my grits!

Yeah, it's only five bucks, but that's pricey for what you are actually getting.

Oh, but not anymore.

I cannot believe how simple and stress-free it is to make these -- not to mention that they are extraordinarily cheap to produce.

Needed:

Wontons at $1.50 for about 40.
Cream cheese at about $2 for a small tub
Fresh green onions at about $.50 per bundle
Imitation crab for about $3.99 (no luck finding fresh crab out of a can in the southwest, and rightfully so)
A pinch of onion salt at $1.99 per 6 oz. container

And there you have it. You can make batches of these for a portion of the price with tons of leftovers to make other equally delicious dishes! And you can alter the portion sizes, adding more crab if you like. Totally worth it to make these at home. And while it take about a half hour from start to finish, it is SO worth it!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to give your version of these a try. This is my first visit to your blog, so I've spent some time reading your earlier posts as well as this one. I really like your recipes and the welcoming, informative tone of your blog. I'll be back often to see what else you've been cooking. Have a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mary,

    Thank you! I appreciate the support. I just signed up to follow your blog as well. Gorgeous page and recipes!

    ReplyDelete

High Traffic Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog