Who's That Girl

My photo
WHO'S THAT GIRL: A higher education obsessed foodie who is documenting her life in the kitchen. I love to cook delicious, gourmet-style foods for those I love and always welcome a challenge in the kitchen. With that challenge comes an impromptu nature. I tend to avoid following recipes to the exact, so you are not likely to find very many posted here. Being that I am a Libra and am learning to be free in the kitchen, the story always goes, "A pinch of this and a smattering of that!" Thank you for visiting -- and happy reading!

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

To Do List: Lasagna


In college I made a list of things I wanted to accomplish in life. It was part of an assignment for an elective humanities course I was taking that had much to do about self-exploration. Among the items on the list: Learn to do the splits, visit Canada, lose 20 pounds and make lasagna.

Ladies and gentlemen, I can at least mark the last off on the list.

Tonight was lasagna night. I must confess, I am not a huge fan of Italian food. Yes, I do enjoy my cheeses. My goodness do I enjoy cheese! But I'm not a huge fan of pastas. I would much prefer rice. But I have long enjoyed lasagna.

The recipe turned out to be quite scrumptious. My partner Nancy and I have talked much about having alternate nights: meat nights, veggie nights, smoothie nights, etc. for dinner. So when I looked in the cupboard last night I had most everything for a meatless lasagna, sans the tomato sauce, which Nancy purchased during the day.

The recipe was simple: I prepared the tomato sauce with basil, garlic salt, onions, fresh garlic, pepper, red bell peppers and a tiny bit of olive oil. I then cooked the spinach with a bit of butter and salt. I added mushrooms, which Nancy had prepared with a number of other things, and mixed the ricotta cheese with cream cheese. We also used shredded mozzarella between the layers of pasta.

Fantastic!

And what's more: We didn't even miss the meat :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

High Traffic Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog